With summer quickly approaching, now is a great time to look at the pools of the various Walt Disney World Resorts. When visiting the Resort during the hot summer months, time in the pool is a perfect way to cool off and take a break.
Read more to find out about the various pool options at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney World Pool Use Policy
Before outlining the pools, please remember that swimming in a pool at a resort other than the resort where you are staying is generally not allowed at the Walt Disney World Resort. The exceptions to this policy are listed below, and only occur in the event of "sister" resorts or resorts with shared pools. Although it might be fun to visit a different pool, please remember that amenities are part of the resort differences, and therefore part of the price difference as well.
Value Resort Hotels
The value resort hotels have a variety of pools in fun shapes. Value resorts do not have hot tubs.
- All-Star Movies Resort: Fantasia Pool with Sorcerer Mickey fountain and kiddie water play area, and Duck Pond Pool with ice hockey theme.
- All-Star Music Resort: guitar-shaped Calypso Pool with kiddie pool and quieter Piano Pool
- All-Star Sports Resort: Surfboard Bay Pool with kiddie area and Grand Slam Pool featuring Goofy pitching a stream of water into the pool.
- Art of Animation Resort: Big Blue Pool with underwater speakers and Schoolyard Sprayground, Cozy Cone Pool (Cars theme), and Flippin' Fins Pool (Little Mermaid theme).
- Pop Century Resort: Hippy Dippy Pool with water jets and kiddie pool, Bowling Pool (shaped like a bowling pin), and Computer Pool.
Moderate Resort Hotels
The moderate resort hotels have pools with some additional theming and extra perks, including hot tubs.
- Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground: Meadow Swimmin' Pool with corkscrew water slide and Wilderness Swimmin' Pool for a more leisurely experience.
- Caribbean Beach Resort: Fuentes del Morro Pool with Spanish fortress theme, 2 waterslides, man-of-war water cannons, and shipwreck water play area; plus, 6 leisure pools (one in each village of the resort).
- Coronado Springs Resort: Lost City of Cibola Pool with Mayan theme, 50-foot pyramid, and waterslide; plus 3 leisure pools (one at each settlement).
- Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter: Doubloon Lagoon with Mardi Gras theme, serpent slide, and kiddie area. Guests at this resort may also swim in the pools at the Port Orleans Resort - Riverside.
- Port Orleans Resort - Riverside: Ol' Man Island swimmin' hole plus fishin' hole, with abandoned sawmill theme, rustic waterslide, and kiddie play area; plus 5 leisure pools throughout the resort. Guests at this resort may also swim in the pool at the Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter.
Deluxe Resort Hotels
The deluxe resort hotels have larger pools with even more theming and extra perks, and do include hot tubs.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge: Uzima Pool with oasis theme and zero-depth entry, plus a waterslide. Guests at Animal Kingdom Lodge may also enjoy the Samawati Springs Pool (also with zero-depth entry and waterslide) and Uwanja Camp (a water playground with 3 age-based zones), both located at Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani.
- Beach Club and Yacht Club Resorts: Although these are two separate resorts, they share all pool amenities, and guests at each are welcome to enjoy any of the pools at either resort. Stormalong Bay is possibly the most popular pool area at the Walt Disney World Resort, with a sand-bottomed pool, shipwreck play area, waterslide, lazy river, and kiddie area. In addition, there are 3 leisure pools, one each at the Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Beach Club Villas.
- BoardWalk Inn: Luna Park with carnival theme and large waterslide; plus 2 leisure pools.
- Contemporary Resort: Main Pool with waterslide and water play area, plus Bay Lake Pool (leisure pool).
- Grand Floridian Resort: Beach Pool with walking bridge, waterfalls, and waterslide; and the Courtyard Pool. There is also a new water play area themed after Alice in Wonderland.
- Polynesian Resort: Nanea Volcano Pool with volcano theme, waterfall, waterslide, and zero entry, plus a water play area. In addition, the Polynesian East Pool offers a leisure pool option.
- Wilderness Lodge Resort: Silver Springs Creek Pool with national park theme, including a waterslide built into the rocks and a kiddie pool. The Hidden Springs Pool is a leisure pool located near the Villas.
The pool may be a deciding factor in choosing your resort, especially if the budget (money or time) may not include a visit to a Walt Disney World water park. Choosing by pool only, here are my top five:
- Stormalong Bay at the Beach and Yacht Club Resorts
- Samawati Springs Pool and Uwanja Camp at the Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani
- Nanea Volcano Pool at the Polynesian Resort
- Luna Park at the BoardWalk Inn
- Fuentes del Morro Pool at the Caribbean Beach Resort
What is your favorite pool at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel?
Enter the Giveaway!
Enter my Disney gift card giveaway! The more entries we have, the more chances there are for you to win! I will give away one $25 Disney gift card for every 20 people who enter. If you comment on this post (or any other post on the blog), you can earn 2 entries!
Have a magical day!